Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Honesty, the Rarest Quality


This gorgeous tea set was listed on eBay as "old Wedgwood," but if it isn't brand new, I'm not Eleanor Roosevelt. And except for a suspicious saucer, it is not marked Wedgwood, or anything else. However, I suspected as much when I bid on it, as I was the only bidder, and it cost next to nothing. But I wouldn't trade it for a bona fidey Wedgwood dinner service.

From now on, my only dealings with eBay will be getting money instead of spending it. This cures me, although I do love the set. The little crocheted doilies came with it, plus the beautiful little drawn-work hankie. The tray, the lamps, the 1950s tall glass and the pink Depression glass plates didn't--I've had those for many years. All in all, I'm satisfied. In fact, I'm ecstatic, and I plan every afternoon to serve tea to myself and anyone else in the vicinity. That is, after I get some kind of order restored to the rooms I've been busy wrecking.

*

Actually, yesterday I started what I thought was going to be a quilt, but I've decided to use my old Log Cabin quilt in the guest room, so I'll make it a throw.

3 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

I like the quilt - sorry to hear about your online adventure!

Ramey Channell said...

I love the tea set. It looks beautiful with your lamps and tray.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Beautimous quilt!