Tuesday, June 22, 2010


There are two big blank walls (adjacent) in the guest room, so someone on the bed doesn't have anything much to look at. I'm thinking of doing a great big arrangement facing the bed, using some or all of my black and pink plates. The oval prints and wall shelves will probably go over the night stand. Does anyone know how to clean gold leaf? The sconces came from Hanna Antiques a long time ago, and the oval prints were a gift from my dear Mama when I was just a young thing.

I made better pictures, but they would only upload sideways.
*
This is just to warn Jed that the next time he occupies the guest room, he'll see a lot of rosy scenes. Maybe the black will help to masculinize the view. At least one lamp shade will be black. It's the smallest room in the house, so a little clutter will go a long way. Too much clutter? I'm working on it.
***

I'm reading--or trying to read--Waverly, by Sir Walter Scott. About every third sentence is Latin or a Latin phrase, so it's a pretty good review.

*
I don't have anything to pack or mail today, so I feel rather lost, or at loose ends. I may doll up and go up to Ruby Tuesday for an early dinner, if old Abe will make it there and back.

2 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

I'll survive!

Hope you enjoyed your dinner, in or out.

Jed

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I love the black and pink plates together. This will be lovely.