Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Good Day

In my slow-pokey way, I have scrubbed and rearranged and put away a lot of stuff today. Even though it's just another small dent, at least it's done.

The main reason this has been a good day is that I had visits from my two sisters and one beautiful, sweet niece (Andy). (My sisters are right good-looking, too, and sweet most of the time.) Susan and Andy were slurping up the last drops of Chick-Filay (sp.) milk shakes, so they were acting good and cheerful. I hope they'll all come back more often and stay longer.

We had another hard rain shower a while ago. This morning it was dry enough that I could walk to the back of the lot to see what that big round thing is that the last flood washed up, and it's a smooth-sawn section of a log about 2 feet long, looks like a piece of somebody's log house. All this wind and rain has been hard on my newly-transplanted peony plants; one of them is broken. But I hope and trust they'll all recover.

2 comments:

knitwit said...

Glad you had a good day. You're lucky to have sisters who live close by. When you're doing your tidying remember it was the tortoise who won the race not the hare.
Hope you have another good day.
Ruth

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

From one tortoise to another: I know.