Sunday, July 4, 2010

Snap, Crackle, Pop!

It has been a great weekend. Jed and I went to Best Buy yesterday and got me a new printer, because apparently they're no longer making ink cartridges for my old one. This new one is a little bitty feller, but handsome.

Today we ate beef stew that I had in the freezer, and went to Wal-Mart, and other adventures. Now we're trying to watch "Jaws." That's still a good movie, but I have to skip large portions of it. Scarier than any ghost story I've ever heard in my life. The sound of the fireworks from outside just add to the tension.

Jed brought me two bags full of nearly-new books that he had read and didn't want to keep. I listed a few of them online that sell for more than a penny, and am keeping a big stack of them for my to-be-read pile. I had run out of unread books, just about, and had to re-read an old Keith Laumer SF Thursday or Friday.

I'm seeing a faint light at the end of the tunnel, in my efforts to get this house de-junked. I've sold six items on eBay this weekend, and have a great many more lined up to list. Maybe six more months of hard work will find me in a house where people can walk, talk, eat and relax. And drink and be merry, if that's your bag. I haven't been merry in a long time, but I'm getting there.

No comments: