Sunday, July 11, 2010

Glad I slept 12 hours...


...Because this is a big day in several ways. First, I need to pack all the stuff that sold on eBay in the past couple of days, chiefly a sterling silver bowl that somebody gave Sonny when we got married. I don't think it has ever had a bite of food or anything else in it, but it has taken a lot of elbow grease and storage space over the last half-century-plus.

Someone bought the Irish chain quilt top, and welcome to it.

A pair of china mugs that came from the thrift shop, and a gold-flashed glass compote.













*
I may wait until tonight to do the packing. This afternoon, I'm going to RAMEY'S BOOK SIGNING AT THE LEEDS ARTS COUNCIL!

*
Bonnie, my first Leeds friend, whom I met in 1942 or thereabouts, phoned yesterday and we chatted for a while. She said she has some pictures of my family that were in her deceased mother's estate, and that she'll bring them today when she comes to RAMEY'S BOOK SIGNING. She really said if she's able to come, but I'm being optimistic. I hope she brings her friend Jeannene or somebody with her. Betty W. also said she would be there, when I saw her at the post office the other day.

1 comment:

JD Atlanta said...

Those pictures are really great. I would like a good high-resolution scan of each of them, to go with my collection.