Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Saying Goodbye


Yesterday, at a call to or from my sister Ramey, I left off packing eBay stuff, and we went to the thrift shop where I got more stuff to sell--or not to sell, as in the case of Ms. Goose.

I feel a bit guilty, as if I had stolen her from my sister Susan, who saw her first. But hey, Suze had first shot at her and missed. Besides, once I've enjoyed looking at her for a while, and have forgotten how long it took me to clean the object with soap, hot water, Goo Gone and Q-tips, Suze or anyone else can probably have it if they want it.


There was a lot of beautiful china, about two dozen pieces, all in a matching set, that I believe will sell. Everything I bought was marked down 30% to 70%, so I sort of went hog-wild. The photo at the top of the page is this china.
*
I think I'll keep this beauteous plate:

So, today I have to finish packing all the stuff I have to ship, things that seemed like treasures for years and years, but now are just taking up space.


A couple of angels straight from (not Heaven but) China.

A Meissen teapot with a chip and crack in the spout, rendering it less than priceless.


A blue-and-white plate which I wish I'd kept.


A Russel Wright bowl which I'm glad to see the last of, because it's shaped somewhat like a bedpan.



And finally, a Limoges gravy boat which never seemed right to me, because you can't take it off the stand.

























*

Anyway, after the thrift-shop trip, I put on my Looney Tunes shirt and took some salad fixings up to Hawk Hill. Ramey cooked burgers, and she, India and I had a feast. Then Jason brought Reed home. I wish I'd had my camera, so you could see the child how big he's grown! I'm going to nail that camera to the inside of my car one of these days.

3 comments:

Ramey Channell said...

Wasn't it a lovely day! And your goose looks beautiful.

This morning when I went to my car to leave for work, a hawk was calling and calling from the tree across the street! I spoke to him a time or two, and sat still and listened to his greetings before leaving the driveway.

JD Atlanta said...

Sounds like a great day was had by all!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Glad you got that goose. I just couldn't think of any place that she would fit in my house, so I knew I'd just have to store her away somewhere. I hope you enjoy her.