Friday, July 9, 2010

The Lazy, Crazy, Scorching Days of Summer

This is a significant anniversary day, so I spent the morning outside to keep from getting the blues.


My two crape myrtles are almost ruby red, though they just look dark pink in the photo.

The hydrangeas have lost their pinks and blues, and are turning green and brown.

I'm going to dry these three big 'uns, if I can find that bag of silica that I know is in the house. I tried drying one by hanging it in the closet, and it just shriveled up to about an inch and turned dark brown.

Someday it'll be a quilt or a throw, or another abandoned project.

Wish I had a beer and some pretzels. Or two beers and no pretzels.
*
**
***
****
*****
******
*******
Little lamb, I'll tell thee;
Little lamb, I'll tell thee;
He is called by thy name,
For He calls Himself a lamb;
He is meek, and He is mild,
He became a little child;
I a child, and thou a Lamb,
We are called by His Name.
Little lamb, God bless thee!
Little lamb, God bless thee!
*
(The Lamb, by Wm. Blake)

1 comment:

JD Atlanta said...

I love these pictures, particularly the first one with the quote you added.

I am so ready for this weekend!

Let's talk today about your door - love you,

Jed