Friday, July 23, 2010

Decisions, decisions!

I've been trying to decide whether to sell this quilt top, or to have it machine-quilted. My eyes and I are too old to think about hand-quilting it.


I think this big old (12"+) butterfly will fit in with my Arts and Crafts theme for the house. Today I painted it white and gave it some little eyes. It was originally one of those corroded-looking brass objects that are made in India. I got it at the thrift store--A long time ago, my sister Ramey and I went to the thrift store. We didn't ask anyone else to go with us, but then we never do.

2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Did Jenny make the quilt top? Or Mama? If you do decide to sell it, I'll buy it if it's family made. Or maybe if it's not. I think it would look good in my blue bedroom.

Ramey Channell said...

The butterfly looks good painted white. Good decision!