Monday, July 5, 2010

The tumult and the shouting die...

But the spent fireworks are all over the neighborhood, including my lawn.


After a late breakfast, Jed headed back to Atlanta to catch up all his paperwork and contacts from last week's travels. Me, I'm spending the day packing eBay items to ship. One thing I sold was a quilt top, which is one of the best I've ever made, I guess, but I never liked it much. That dark brown fabric is glazed cotton, which a needle would have a hard time puncturing. Maybe whoever bought it will have it machine-quilted. The light fabric is not white; it's a little beige-on-cream print.
*

At Lowe's on Saturday, Jed and I also bought the new front door. I wish I had remembered to take my camera, so I could show the large, beautiful Artsy-Craftsy glass in the door. The wood will be painted forest green, with a smooth finish that won't collect grime as easily as a grainy texture. It will still be 2-3 weeks before it's installed. We also selected a new storm door for the living-room-to-deck doorway, which will also be dark green.

2 comments:

knitwit said...

What a lovely quilt Joanne, I'm surprised you could part with it, but being a handquilter understand about the needle going through the fabric.
You seem to be making good progress with your sorting and small reno jobs.
Ruth

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Can't wait to see the front door. I'm going to paint my red when the weather cools off a little.