Saturday, July 10, 2010

Doors

Jed and I have been discussing (by phone) all the unforeseen details to close the doors deal. This is the glass we chose for the big full center "light." I wanted this one the first time I saw it at Lowe's, about a month ago. I never even considered any other pattern, because this suits the style of the house so well.
It really isn't all those colors, just clear glass with zinc-colored muntins, or caming, between the individual pieces of glass. Just think, sometime before the summer's over, that, in a dark green frame, will replace this:

The entry will not longer be a dark cave. I won't have to leave the front door standing open all day to be able to see my way through the center of the house.
*
I've tried and tried to find or construct a picture of the door as it will be, but no luck. I know that the hardware will be "antiqued" zinc, and the glass will be almost the full length of the door. But the brochures don't show that glass pattern in a full-lite painted door with no side or fan lites. So I'll be pleasantly surprised, how ever it turns out.

2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

The door's gonna be great.

JD Atlanta said...

Finally got all the i's dotted and t's crossed - the doors should be here in two weeks or so.