Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bodies in motion tend to remain in motion.

I had to force myself to quit sewing about half an hour ago. I've completed three of the quilt blocks and started another. In the past three days I've probably gained 10 pounds; it took a pizza, two or three homemade steak burgers, a pineapple sandwich, and any number of lettuce and tomato salads--plus a couple of milkshakes every day--to keep me sewing for three days. And it was hard to get out of the routine.

Tomorrow I want to make an effort to clean up the additional mess the house has suffered this week. I think Jed is coming over this weekend. I really hope so, and that he brings me another book or two. I haven't read a book in a long time, several days. Also, I think we'll make a decision about replacing the living room windows, and get Lowe's started on the job, now that the weather is not August-hot. I think it has rained a couple of time this week, but I was too busy or too deeply asleep to notice very much.

I have let my medications and supplements slide. That's another thing I've got to get back into tomorrow.

2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

A good thing about having dogs. They do keep one from gaining any more weight. A street walk every couple of hours or so keeps those calories moving. I guess that will all change when this fence gets installed. I'll have to watch it then.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Oh, and thanks for taking part in the retreat. That was fun!