Monday, October 18, 2010

Cobblestones for the Road to H---

They say that that road is paved with good intentions, and I had a lot of those for today. Yesterday I made another quilt block for Ramey (that makes 4 I've done), and wrote a poem about the swans at Portsmouth getting left in the mud as the tide went out. I organized my winter wardrobe, on paper at least, and found that I have plenty of clothes that are less than 10 years old, only need some dress shoes and a white shirt. Then I made a detailed list of things to do today, and went to bed.

So this morning I woke up and looked at my list with real determination. I took my meds and my shower, and meant to eat breakfast and give the kitchen a good scouring. On the way to the kitchen, I thought of something important for The Novel, and sat down to make a quick note. But instead I worked on the book for hours, until Mo got insistent, and I found there was not a can of cat food nor a cigarette in the house. So I just got back from the P.O. and the store, and consumed a burger and an orange slush. Now I'm feeling very much coffee-deprived.
*
Actually, what I was feeling was nausea. So I went and--excuse me--threw up the burger and the slush, and now I feel much better. I wonder if there was something wrong with them. Surely there's nothing wrong with me!

2 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

Sorry you were ill - it's probably just your body's way of saying that you should consume less refined sugar!!

Juuuussst kidding - feel better!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Hope you're not coming down with a bug.