Monday, October 11, 2010

Quilt Retreat This Week

Tomorrow, and Wednesday, and Thursday, I'm going to work on quilts and nothing else. So today I'm getting other stuff done in preparation.

About "the dog": It was Gretchen. The time before yesterday that Ramey came to take her home, she jumped up on her blanket and looked like she was saying, "See! I'm not bothering anybody, I'm just lying on my blanket. Why can't you leave me alone?" I felt so sorry for her, I decided next time, I won't call them to come get her. So she turned up on the porch early Saturday morning, and I didn't give up and call Ramey until sometime Sunday. I'm just too old to start over with a dog. She ate up most of the canned cat food, and Mo wouldn't eat at all while she was here. She barked most of Saturday night, mostly outside, and I only slept about 3 hours. Gretchen is a sweet, smart dog, and I love her and feel sorry for her. She's getting old and only wants space, peace and quiet--except for the noise she makes herself. But there are millions of poor old dogs in the world, and you can't make them all happy.

Ramey can't help it because her house is crowded. She loves Gretchen, and I'm sure they'll work it out.

Today I'm finishing the angel ornaments. I intended to make a dozen, and only have two more to go. Plus wings for all of them. I'm also cutting out the white pieces for the Drunkard's Path quilt; all the red pieces are already cut out.

2 comments:

Ramey Channell said...

Gretchen is a citizen of the universe, and she believes all of Leeds is her personal backyard.

JD Atlanta said...

Well, dogs are like people in a lot of ways. Sometimes you have to give them a little push! Of course, she'll be back.