Saturday, October 9, 2010

Half a day off

I woke up early this morning and juned around some, half-way decided to keep the dog, then went to the store to load up on cat-and-dog food. So I think I'll take the rest of the day off and do nothing intentionally.

Book club yesterday was pleasant and the discussion was interesting. Betty brought a visitor who I initially thought was Reita returned from the sick list, but who turned out to be a lawyer's widow from Highland Avenue. I thought Reita looked unusually big and healthy. Anyway, the meeting broke up early because Jean stood up and said she had an appointment, so everybody left except Susan and Ramey and me, so we ate up most of the goodies. We can't have wine at the meetings any more, because Mondretta (I presume) changed the library schedule to stay open on Friday afternoons from now on. Somehow, I feel the demise of the book club fast approaching. What's a meeting without wine to loosen up everybody's tongue? Mable has just about quit attending, Barbara hasn't been there in a 'coon's age (her husband is sick), and Mary only hits about one meeting in three. What we need are some new members who were born a little later in the 20th century.

Joe W.'s wife died last Sunday, I saw in the Leeds News. I tried all yesterday afternoon to send an email to Joe, but kept getting error messages. Gail always accompanied him to writers' meetings, and I've missed seeing her for a long time. She'd had cancer for years, but I guess she finally gave it up.

1 comment:

JD Atlanta said...

?? You are referencing items that have not been submitted into evidence.

You got a dog??

Pictures, please!