Friday, February 4, 2011

Paging Becky Young

Hi, Becky! I just read your post from yesterday, inquiring about the Silver Pine china. I sold the demitasse cups and saucers, but still have the full service for eight dishes. I really would hate to ship them a long distance, but would like to sell them if you're close enough to pick them up or to be pretty sure they'll arrive safely. My asking price is $300, because of the cost of shipping. But I'm open to offers, especially if you're not too far away. You can email me - jocage@charter.net.

***

Just got back from the store. This time I stocked up on cat food, etc., so I won't have to drive if the streets freeze over again. Yesterday I looked out the window, and the deck and areas under the trees were white with ice crystals. A pretty sight, but I'm glad for the slight warming-up and the rain.

This morning I filled the bathtub with hot water and bubbles and floated for a while in a rare tub bath. "Since I left Pine Tree down in Tennessee, that's the first time I've been warm."  If I turn the thermostat above 71, the house gets too warm, so I keep it low. But some spots in the house feel like the South Pole, and they happen to be the spots I spend most time in.

While I was in the tub meditating, I realized that the novel still needs lots of fixing. Like a complete rewrite. Save us and bind us!

2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Some novelist (can't remember which one) said that the hardest part of writing a novel is knowing when to stop.

Ramey Channell said...

May you be saved and bound.