Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Writing At a Gallop

So, today I reached 30,000+ words. About this time next month, I hope to have this thing ready to send off to somebody, will they, nil they.

It's hard to believe this is the 23rd of February. Specially hard to believe it's the year 2011, when I've been writing about the 1940s all day. All those old folks are dead and gone, except for a few of us who were little children or not born at the time, so I can change them around and make them do whatever I want them to.

On Sunday Ramey and I went to Odenville to Joe's critique group. His house is amazing. It's about a hundred years old, and he has built on rooms and porches but kept it looking old. He and Gail had decorated it with dozens of quilts and antiques and paintings. I asked if he did some of the building onto the house himself, and he said, "No. I write poems and make quilts." The meeting was good, and we're going to meet again next month.

3 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

A quilter, is he? That's interesting.

Joanne Cage said...

He and his wife made oodles of quilts. There's a picture of them in one of the Great American Quilts books, I don't remember which year. Gail passed away late last year.

Ramey Channell said...

Didn't we have a good time! Joe is so funny and gracious, and his house is delightful.