Monday, September 13, 2010

Angels With No Faces (so far)

This is the long-labored-over kind of ornament that I'm trying to make for Christmas. The button is the halo; all that's missing is the head.

For years, I've been growing a little cedar tree in a pot. I dug it up out of the flower bed and put it in a big planter. It's about 2 feet high now, so I think I'll use it for my Christmas tree. This prototype angel ornament is about 4 inches long, but once I get the production line going, they'll be smaller. There will also be Santas and reindeer. I hope.

I'm reading a book, Krakatoa, by Simon Winchester. It makes me want to re-read The Little Prince by St. Exupery and The Twenty-One Balloons by Du Bois. I ordered the English version of The Little Prince from Amazon this morning. Krakatoa Jr. has been forming itself ever since the big one blew in 1883, and now it's several hundred feet high. It grows several inches a week.

Ramey and I are going to Michael's this afternoon to get wooden beads to make angel heads.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I love your angel. Have fun at Michael's. I'd invite myself to go, but I don't feel too pretty good today.