Sunday, September 19, 2010

Drunkard's Path

We've got half of the blocks cut out for Ramey's drunkard's path quilt. Can't wait to get started sewing it together. The other half of the cutting will go quicker, because it's all white, and I can cut multiple layers at once. Could have done that with the prints, if the pieces of cloth had been more uniform in size.

The book I'm reading now is The Archer's Tale, by Bernard Cornwell. I wonder if he's related to detective novel writer Patricia Cornwell. His writing is good, simple and straightforward, with no attempts to be cute, fancy or solemn. The book is pretty good so far.

I was proud of the box I made to mail the big book Friday. It cost six dollars to mail, so I made six dollars profit, not counting my labor, which was only about four hours' worth. And most of a $4 roll of tape. And gas to take it to the post office. I need to work smarter, not harder.

The weather continues hot. We could use some rain. Wish we had Lily C. and Willie T. to do a rain dance.

I've just about abandoned the old computer. This new one is great. I just need to make sure I have everything essential on it from the old one.

2 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

The Cornwell book is the first of three in this story. Let me know if & when you want the next one.

Glad to hear that you are using the new computer! The next time I come over, we'll move it to your monitor (so you get sound). I'll also copy the hard drive on the old PC, so that if you don't get everything off we'll be able to go back and find it.

Ramey Channell said...

Thanks a million for all the help with Drunkards Path. I think when we get it done, I'll be beside myself with glee! I just can't wait!