Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Unfinished Quilt Projects

In my never-ending basement browsing, I rescued this Lady of the Lake mini-top, and another mini that I don't know the name of (top). I need to finish quilting the leaf quilt in my blog title. And can you believe I haven't even finished binding my Una quilt?

I need to check with Ramey and help her finish the Drunkard's Path quilt. Also, I've been "working" on this little brown basket quilt for two or three years. At least all the pieces are cut out. The blocks are 5" square.
In my quilt scrapbook, there's a list of about a dozen that I want to make "someday." And I have a box full of star blocks that my mother made, that I intend to strip together with black to make an Amish-style top. So many projects, so little time!
***
On the way to Nantucket: "...swimming like a dog...[Queequeg] rose again, one arm still striking out, and with the other dragging a lifeless form. The boat soon picked them up. The poor bumpkin was restored. All hands voted Queequeg a noble trump; the Captain begged his pardon. From that hour I clove to Queequeg like a barnacle, yea, till poor Queequeg took his last long dive." [Page 64 of Moby Dick.]

"Queequeg was a native of Kokovoko, an island far away to the West and South. It is not down on any map; true places never are."

2 comments:

knitwit said...

Love your quilts Joanne, you must have as many UFOs as I do.
Ruth

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Exciting UFOs you have there.
Re Queequeg: Vann and I used to watch "X Files" all the time. It was one of our favorites. I remember that Scully has a little dog named Queequeg. He was shizu or something like that. A monster at him.