Thursday, February 9, 2012

Lassie Came Home

I had never seen the movie, "Lassie Come Home," until yesterday on TCM. Everything about it was perfect except a close-up of tiny Elizabeth Taylor's face in which, with so much makeup, she looked exactly like the adult E. Taylor in one of her skinnier moments.

Yesterday my Sister Susan had an afib episode with much pain, and sensibly called the paramedics and went to the hospital. They stabilized her and ran tests, but I haven't heard today whether she's still there or has come home. I hope the MD's and techs weren't in the mood to put her through a transesophageal EKG, as they did me the only time I called 911--I was routed to the stroke center, when all I had was vertigo--those ceiling beams in the living room were whizzing around like in a tornado, and I got scared, was all.

I came out of my hole this morning and saw my shadow. I'm in the mood to hibernate for another six weeks or so.

3 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

I remember that episode of yours - I think they really blew it out of proportion. Of course, if something like that happens again, you should call!

I still think we are going to get in one good cold spell this winter. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling there will be a week this month or next where we all want to hibernate!

Deb said...

Oh my stars! I just wrote to Susan and asked how she was feeling! I thought it was just her fibro acting up. I really hope she is ok. Let her know I am thinking wonderful 'get-well' thoughts.
How are you doing? Hope this winter hasn't been too bad on you. I, too, would love to hibernate. Unfortunately, motherhood still calls!
Take care.
Hugs,
Deb

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

With the current cold snap, I think hibernation sounds like a plan. Thanks Jo and Deb for the good thoughts and wishes. I love y'all.