Saturday, February 18, 2012

Oh, Fudge!

I don't know how many decades it had been since I last made chocolate fudge, until last Tuesday. Had no idea how to go about it, and all the recipes I could find around the house called for marshmallow, or powdered sugar, or other ingredients that didn't suggest what I craved. I used just one cup of sugar, so that if it was a mess I wouldn't be wasting much. It turned out so good, I wanted to eat the whole little disk that resulted. But I controlled myself, and just finished the last crumbs this afternoon. The secret ingredient, the "wow factor," was two tablespoons of Jiff peanut butter that I stirred into the pot.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Boy, does making fudge bring on the memories! Christmas candy was what my grandpa and daddy made every year. If it was fudge, I would to stir all the ingredients together in a big bowl before they went on the stove. Divinity was another candy they made. As my grandpa got older, he craved fudge! When he was in the hospital, he would have us bring him fudge. I think it was his comfort food!
Hope you're having a good weekend. Has there been any sign of Moe?
Hugs...

JD Atlanta said...

That sounds really good!

Ramey Channell said...

Yum yum!