Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday Morning Raining Down

Lovely weekend, lovely weather, and now things are back to normal weatherwise. My special guest this weekend was Mr. J.D. Cage of Duluth, GA. We had a great time shopping, eating, replacing light bulbs, looking at doors, and watching a movie he brought with him. The movie was a real dud--"Anonymous"--but that wasn't Jed's fault. They packed too much bad statistics in too short a space, and the sound was deplorable, like trying to carry on a conversation in the bleachers at a football game. But the actors (Ifans and V. Redgrave and J. Richardson) were good to look at.

Today I have to mail checks to Alabama State Poetry Society for the contest I'm sponsoring, and for my 2012 membership dues. Then I have to get some poems together to enter in the ASPS, National Federation of State Poetry Societies, and Alabama Conclave of Poets spring contests. The ASPS spring meeting and luncheon will be held in Fairhope, Alabama in April, so most likely I won't be there. Just mail me the checks, folks.

1 comment:

JD Atlanta said...

Here's an idea - why don't we drive down that Friday (4/27), and maybe stop for an hour or two at the beach? I understand that some folks enjoy looking at the Gulf of Mexico. Then we can spend the night, go to lunch the next day, and come home? It's polite to pick up the checks in person - more gracious, don't you know. And I'm willing to drive.