Wednesday, February 22, 2012

"Man's reach should exceed his grasp..."

Yesterday, trying to quit smoking, I ate/drank:

2 Marie Callender's chicken pot pies
Remains of a can of Pringle's chips
A sandwich of Gorton's fish sticks and Vlasic dill pickle stackers
3 small bunches of grapes
2 Coca-Colas (7-1/2 oz. mini-cans)
8 oz. grapefruit juice
A large package of Nutter Butter wafers
4 or 5 mugs of Folger's instant coffee with heaping spoonfuls of Coffeemate
A grilled cheese sandwich with Vlasic stacker and 1/8 stick of margarine (Parkay)

Finally, at 8:00 p.m., feeling very humble and defeated, burping all the way, I went to the Chevron and bought cigarettes.

*

I'm waiting for the Lowe's man with the metal door for the basement. He said he'd be here today between 9:00-10:00 a.m. No, he said, "Will between 9-10 o'clock be okay?" Maybe he meant p.m.

4 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

Did the door guy show up at last? If so, take a picture. I know we need to paint inside & out.

About the smoking - are you going to try again today? I tried to get into the habit of exercising for over 30 years. It finally clicked when I decided to start over every Monday. If I stayed on track, then I felt good on Monday because I wasn't starting over. But if I fell off, then Monday was my start over day.

If you have to smoke, maybe only smoke in the basement ... so that when you are watching TV or at your computer, you DON'T expect to have a cigarette in your hand. Make smoking a little less convenient, and so that when you do stop you aren't reminded of it every time you sit down in your house.

Deb said...

Good grief! You had both of my daughters and myself rolling with laughter! Not to take lightly the 'stop smoking'try, but you have to admit, it was funny! You really shouldn't stop cold turkey. It truly isn't good for you. Just do it gradually...and make sure your cupboards are bare!
Oh, I love JD's exercising plan. I may try it!
Hugs....

Joanne Cage said...

Lowe's Charlie installed the door, and it just looks like a door. Very neat, with a good seal at the bottom to keep out the water. But he said we need to put some weather-stripping around the outside frame.

Niece India came by and noticed Charlie. He is pretty cute, but I don't know if he's eligible.

Ramey Channell said...

Ah-ha...Charlie the door man. Sounds interesting.