Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy Elvis's Birthday!

Sunday:  Season 3, episode 1 of Downton Abbey, was better than I expected. Even old Shirl was pretty good, especially the expressions on her face as she slowly realized the Family were going to hit her up for more cash. No mention was made of Sir Richard Carlisle and his ominous newspapers; at least he held off until Mary was safely married.

Pat and India dropped by at 8:00 to watch the show with me. They brought me a beautiful birthday card and two lovely gifts.

Monday:  The Tide just tromped all over the Fighting Irish. Ho hum, almost, until you remember that Texas A&M beat Bama, and Miss. State (or Old Miss, I never can remember which) gave them a good run.

Is it fair, that the coaches seem to get all the credit for great teams? Maybe so. Who deserves the credit, and who deserves the blame? Nikolai Ivanovich Lobachevsky is his name.

Tuesday:  What adventures does today hold? I think Mo has to go to the vet.

1 comment:

Ramey Channell said...

Wow, is this actually the King's birthday? I almost missed it! Happy birthday, Elvis!