Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Having Fun

An old friend of mine named Shirley used to say that she liked for everything to be fun, and she made it that way. But then, she was a beautiful woman, and she could afford to laugh when someone tried to brush a hair off her shoulder and found it was attached to her chin.

I've known some funny people. Neil C. did a one-handstand on a folding metal chair, and suffered bruises but no breaks.

I've always tried to be funny, but nobody laughs.

Anyway, I was thinking about Shirley's philosophy, and decided that I need to have more fun. Some fun. So I'm going to try 30 days of waking up thinking of what would be fun to do, instead of what-all I need to do that probably won't get done.
*
Enjoyed watching a few minutes of the inaugural parade yesterday afternoon. I liked Michelle's beautiful coat, and Joe Biden running back and forth, shaking hands and hugging children.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I always say it's important to have fun. And laugh. Have fun and laugh, two important things. Even more important than housework.