Friday, January 4, 2013

More Happy Trails

My neighbor Jared has moved to Wichita, KS, and his little yellow house is up for sale. I haven't seen much of him since he moved here about ten years ago. He has burned the midnight oil, studied and worked at UAB constantly, and has earned all kinds of degrees in nursing. A couple of days ago, he brought over the remainder of his textbooks for me to list on Amazon (that's not to say "sell"), and said he is now a nurse-anesthetist.

"I put people to sleep," he said.

I said, "that ought to be fun, especially if they wake up."

He said, "Yes, that's the hard part."

I'm sure he'll be successful in his new job, and I hope he keeps in touch. His mother lives somewhere around Leeds; I met her once when they had a yard sale next door, where I bought a couple of my treasures. Such as this one, which I've never figured out what to do with:

%#!!*$!!

Well, I guess that's the end of my posting pictures on my blog. Up until today, I could click on "add photo," and I got a screen that said "Browse." Now it says "Upload (from) Webcam, your phone, a URL," and several other things that will not go to my photographs.
*

Jan. 30, 2013: The Browse feature returned as mysteriously as it had disappeared.

2 comments:

Ramey Channell said...

I wondered where Jared had gone. I love the little house...I feel we should keep it in the family somehow.
My computer freezes every time I try to add a picture to anything. My blog languishes and my emails are unadorned.

JD Atlanta said...

That's no good! But you should try again tomorrow. I've noticed that when web sites make a stupid change like that, sometimes (not always, but sometimes) their users will get them to change it back.

If it doesn't work before the next time I come over, I'll see what I can figure out. I'll also see if I can add a picture to my blog.