Sunday, January 20, 2013

Weird


One night before the TV crashed, I watched an early 2000 movie called "K-PAX." Kevin Spacey was an extraterrestrial come to earth, and Jeff Bridges was the psychiatrist who treated him in the mental hospital. Great movie. Why had I never heard of it before?
*

One of the old songs that run through my head from time to time is "Black Is the Color Of My True Love's Hair." Only, it usually gets transformed into, "Green is the color..." etc. So this morning I thought of some lines to go with "green":

Green is the color of my true love's hair;
The wrong kind of dye was his despair.
Green are his nails and his gentle hands,
But I still love the ground whereon he stands.

I think the transformation occurred when a beauty shop tried to lighten my daughter's hair, and it turned green.
*
As to the television: Sometimes it will hold out for an hour or two without going totally pixillated. Episode 3 of Season 3 of D.A. airs tonight, and I hope I can catch it. If not, I'll watch it online.
*
This is another sunny day. They let us get used to sunshine, and then hit us with a string of damp, cold days when it gets dark by four o'clock. I guess it's to build our character.

2 comments:

Ramey Channell said...

I love the movie K Pax, and I love Kevin Spacey and I love Jeff Bridges!

Ramey Channell said...

I still can't add pictures to my Blogger blog. It's a problem. I have an interview to with a writer and I'll need to add her picture. I've tried to get help from the Blogger, but there's no help. We need to find a way to tell them. Have you tried recently?