Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy Trails!

All the New Year greetings on Facebook made me think of Roy and Dale Rogers. One time I dreamed that I went with Mama, Daddy and the girls to California, and we drove by Roy and Dale's house. There were little cat-size hippopotamuses all over their lawn, and their backs were colored enamel.


***

I spent several hours yesterday shopping online for clothes--making up orders which I didn't send. A dress, two pairs of pants, a blouse, and two T-shirts. It occurs to me, what if I gain all that weight back, and then have a bunch of new clothes that are too little, and a bunch of old clothes that still need to be altered. I hate clothes. People ought to go wrapped in blankets, or pretty quilts.

I don't really hate clothes; what I hate is shopping. And trying to get things to fit. Shoulder seams that are halfway down to my elbows. Long sleeves that end above my wrist bones.

But I have to make up my mind and send the orders today, because the sales end tomorrow.

No comments: