Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Last night I abandoned common sense and watched an episode of "Sherlock Holmes" on PBS. The quotation marks are appropriate, because it seemed more like a parody of Sherlock Holmes. Watching these British films is something like watching a movie in French or Spanish without subtitles, where you recognize a word or phrase here and there, but depend on the picture for some vague idea of what's going on.


A proof copy of my book is supposed to arrive this afternoon. How should I dress?

1 comment:

Deb said...

OH MY GOODNESS! A proof copy? I say, dress casual. Don't give away too much. Appear at ease. Graciously take said copy from the mailman, thank him, all the while acting like it is just another ordinary day. Smile as you close the door, watching him walk away. Then, when he is down the drive, walking to the next house,(pay attention here), jump up and down, do the over-the-top shout of joy and be quite giddy for the rest of the day!
Please let me know how the proof is. I'm waiting to hear!