Monday, January 27, 2014

New duds

New jeans arrived from LLBean, enormously too long, and room enough in the seat and legs for Old Lucy and her nephew. I always forget that LLBean garments are very generously cut. At least the jeans are 100% cotton, made in Mexico, real denim instead of this sleazy chambray-looking stuff that most new jeans seem to be made of. I hate returning things, but I guess I will exchange them for a smaller, less "relaxed" pair. Maybe two pairs. My old two pairs are developing holes at the rear pocket corners. Last week I got new boots and house slippers, and some other things, I forget what. Well, a set of Rod MacIver watercolor prints, which I aim to frame and hang when I get some frames the right size. And I guess that completes my personal purchases for this year. I didn't really need the boots, but they're black leather instead of brown suede, and they've got two or three inches of heel to make me feel taller.


The poetry reading group meets tonight at the Arts Center. Need to talk to Doris or somebody about arranging a book-signing.

2 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

Your new stuff sounds nice - and be sure to return those pants!! LL Bean does not care if you return stuff. In fact, they want you to return stuff that you won't use, because you are more likely to be a customer in the future. So don't forget!!

Joanne Cage said...

Already done--ordered 2 new pairs, and they're going to send me a package to return the large ones free for credit.