Monday, January 6, 2014

Not Quite

I did see snow last night, but just barely. When I turned on the deck light before I went to bed, out the glass door I saw a few measly grains of powder on the railing.

Season Four has to be Downton Abbey's last gasp. Episode 1 last night was so bad, it wasn't even funny. The only good things about it were (1) the rescue of Charlie Griggs from the workhouse, and (2) either the Limey voices had been made more coherent, or my head noises had partially cleared up--I could make out what they were saying all the time. But I wasn't all that happy about it.

3 comments:

Deb said...

I'm glad this storm didn't hit Leeds. It's not pleasant. We (Indiana) are under Emergency Disaster plans. Nothing moves unless it is an emergency vehicle. I'm hoping my daughter Ashleigh doesn't go into labor early. She's due on the 18th. So, we have snow up to the windows and I'm glad I have a door to use other than the patio, as it has a good 2 feet of snow in front of it. I plan on staying inside and thinking warm thoughts!

Joanne Cage said...

Keep warm, Debbie!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

With my new tv, I could understand all the dialog too--well, most of it. Mrs. Patmore is still a little hard to understand to me. I liked the fact that Mary will inherit part of the estate. Although she isn't a really likable character, I always hated that she was passed over in favor of distant kin because she's a woman.
I am so happy to learn that all my hearing problems weren't due to my old ears. That old tv had got so bad, I could hardly understand a word anybody said. Much different with the new one.