Sunday, May 29, 2011

Getting Things Done

Yesterday I basically finished Jenny's Persian Puzzle/horse quilt top.

It's not a neat job; the white fabric is flimsy and stretched in all directions, and I had to cut a corner from an extra block to piece one corner of the center block. I think I'll use high-loft batting, and only quilt around the design and on the sashing and border(s), if I add any.

Later in the day, Ramey and I went to the used-furniture store downtown, where I found a treasure.

I had in mind using it for a telephone table, but maybe it'll just sit there in the corner by the telephone.

The color I've chosen for the roof shingles is called "Driftwood." It matches the bricks of the house. Steve the Roofer said replacing the roof will only take "2-3 days." So I guess they can start this-coming week, and maybe be done within the month of June.

Jed has had his kitchen remodeled, granite countertops, travertine floor, teal-colored cabinets, the whole shooting-match. I've got to get over to 'Lanta and inspect it.

If I remodeled my kitchen, everything that takes paint would be painted white, with black cabinet-and-drawer pulls. Soapstone counters, black tile floor, black appliances, white table and black chairs. A multicolored glass tile backsplash behind the cooktop or range. Paint the chandelier black. Get those multicolored Fiesta dishes back when Jed gets new dishes.

Black and white and jewel colors for the kitchen. Pink and green for the dining room. Red and green for the living room. That's about as far as my imagination goes. No brown and orange.

3 comments:

Deb said...

I found a desk like that about 5 years ago at a yard sale. At the time, Laura was little enough to fit in it when we did school. Now, it's in my garage, as she has grown a bit! I'm thinking of painting it and using it as an accent piece, maybe with some of the dolls I make sitting in it. Not sure, though. Hope you will be able to see Jed's kitchen soon. It sounds lovely.
Hope you have a good Memorial Day.
Hugs....

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I have a similar desk that I bought in North Georgia several years ago at an antique store. Mine is the natural wood. It's in my office. I've never been able to find a really good place for it.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

You might like to see how Brenda at Cozy Little House blog decoupaged her desk.
http://cozylittlehouse.blogspot.com/2009/12/decoupaged-childs-desk.html