Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hopefully

I've like a fool volunteered to  host the critique group here on the last Sunday this month. Yesterday I wrote myself a plan to get the house dolled up before that date. So today I started working on it, and I'm already 2-3 days behind.

The picture (from Country Living) is just a simple color- and fabric- suggestion to me, when I start to make a cover for my cat-clawed sofa. I've probably got enough muslin to make the whole thing, and then make covers for all my throw-pillows out of all the red prints I can scrape up. Wish I could get a room or two painted this month. I don't know why it's so important to get it all done for the meeting, because there'll only be 4-5 attendees, if any. But it's an incentive to get some spring cleaning done.
***
Approximately the last half of "My Fair Lady" was on TCM, and I made the mistake of standing there looking at it for a minute, which stretched on until the end. There'll never be another Rex Harrison, another Stanley Holloway, and I'm sorry for that. And I've never cared all that much for musical comedy, or any other kind of screen comedy. But this movie is incomparable, even in its faulty restored condition.
***
I had an email from Jack yesterday. He said he's doing all right, that he and his boss had been riding around viewing all the storm destruction.

No comments: