Sunday, May 1, 2011

Will It Ever Be Done?

I've added quite a bit to the novel, and this morning I was almost ready to print a proof copy, but then I seemed to hear Mary Loggins say, "Phil, I'm afraid of them old Ku Klux."

I just have not got the stamina to get the KKK in gear because Mary and Philip have harbored the draft dodger. With all the subsequent changes I'd have to make in the manuscript. And the trauma to poor old Philip. A really big mess this time that Mary has got him into. If I decide to do it. Maybe I can save it for another book. I'm tired of this one.
*
Pat called a few minutes ago and said their electricity is off again. They only had it on for a few hours.

Betty Jo hasn't called me back, so I guess she hasn't been able to get in touch with Sandra. There are so many missing from Tuscaloosa, it's terrible.

No comments: