Sunday, May 8, 2011

TGI Sunday

Yesterday I made another trip to Wal Mart and came home in the foulest of foul moods, with a crick in my neck from trying to read the overhead signs. Then I slept off and on until nearly ten o'clock this morning. I think what I need to do is never to buy food at Wal Mart. I can find most everything else pretty easily, with no more than an hour of searching. But groceries--I make a resolution not to go there any more for food, unless I just see something I want/need in passing by the produce department.

The reason I was grocery-shopping, anyway, is that I had to buy funace filters, curtain rods, and other stuff. By the time I found those, it seemed I would save time by picking up what food items I needed. Bad guess.

Our Wal Mart wastes so much space with flowers and seasonal displays, jewelry, baked goods, racks of candy and greeting cards--and the aisles are so narrow you have to negotiate space for a buggy. They need about twice the space for the goods they've got--which are hardly ever the right brands, providing you can find the category you're looking for. And if the store was twice as big, I'd never go there, period.

That's my Wal Mart speech for the month. Or for good, I hope.

Today was somebody's birthday. Douglas's, I think.

4 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

Well, think of Wal Mart as a game, like "Survivor". It won't make it any easier ... but at least it will be more dramatic!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

You're so right, Jo. I detest going to our WalMart, and don't love going to any of them. I wish we could get a good grocery store near us.

Ramey Channell said...

Wal Mart is a bummer! I think Sam Walton had something else in mind, but he unleashed a monster.

Ramey Channell said...

May 8th is Ken Cornwell's birthday. Might be Douglas's too.