Monday, May 23, 2011

Trip to TKC

I went to my clinic appointment this morning because I keep coughing. Dr. G. beat on my face and found a sore spot over my sinuses, and got me set up for a CT scan on Thursday of this week. Then I went to the lab and had 4 vials of blood drawn. Onae called me just now and said I'm scheduled for a mammogram on June 22. Also in the offing is a bone-density scan, and something else, I forget what. So I guess today's visit counts for my 6-month "wellness" exam, since they scheduled another one for November 22. Isn't that Thanksgiving Day? No, the 22nd is the Tuesday before T'giving. There's always something to look forward to.

The poetry reading group meets tonight at the Arts Council. The writing theme is "future tense," and we're supposed to bring a favorite poem to read, one written by someone other than ourselves.
*
(9:28 p.m.) A poem I read at the group meeting:

Future Tense

I shall means that I plan to,
If nothing interferes;
I will means I'm determined,
In spite of fears and tears.

You shall means you must obey me--
I'll beat you if you don't!
But he or she most likely will,
Even if you won't.

I may if fortune favors
And all the signs are right;
And if  you ask me nicely,
Who knows, my dear? I might.
            (By JRC, 5/23/11)

The "other poet's" poem that I read was "All in green went my love riding" by e.e. cummings.

2 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

Hey Mom - Afte that many tests they should give you a honorary college degree. Or maybe two. I hope you pass them all!

I like Future Tense - it sounds like something that smart people would say. :)

Deb said...

I really love that poem! The last line is my favorite! Hope all the dr. appointments go ok. After all that blood taken, you do know you earn ice cream, right? I always do that for my kids, but once they can pat for it themselves, I don't anymore!
Hugs.....