Saturday, November 15, 2008

Catching Up

I caught up on my sleep today. All day. Four hours at a stretch. From 12:00 last night till 3:00 this afternoon. As soon as I catch up a few other things, I'll be all caught up.

The book club had a great meeting at the library yesterday. Ramey and Susan provided wonderful refreshments and fine hospitality. Peggy U. came, after being ill and missing the last meeting. Mary Anne was out, probably due to her shoulder injury. Nell was there, and she will host the December meeting at her fabulous home, on the 19th of the month. Can't wait to see all her decorations.

I wore my annual new dress to book club, because it's so comfortable and washes like a handkerchief. I've got three or four annual new dresses from former years that I've never put on; plan to wear them all next summer, as they're all pastel colors or light fabrics.

On The Ghost, book by Robert Harris: This man is one of the best modern writers you can find. The Ghost was sort of a political novel, a subject I would usually shun unless it was supposed to be on a par with All the King's Men. But I read it anyway, and found it really fascinating. Only the ending seemed a bit contrived or unlikely.

Also to remember: The Castalia auction is next Tuesday at 11:30 a.m., Nov. 18th, at First Methodist.

1 comment:

JD Atlanta said...

Robert Harris and Martin Cruz Smith are two authors that I buy in hardback, no question. I almost didn't get The Ghost, because I was getting tired of Bush-related stuff, but it was certainly well written.