Friday, November 21, 2008

"If ever any beauty I did see..."

(Kat's cat--not my cat.)

*****
About Thanksgiving:

Jed's going to go a-hunting somewhere in the wilds of South Georgia and catch us a turkey for Thanksgiving. I told him if he'd catch it and clean it, I'd cook it (told him to make sure it's not too skinny). I also told him to save the tail feathers to make a feather duster; if the Depression comes (or continues), we'll be glad to have any such free household items.

We'll try to scare up some collards and cornbread, and maybe some hominy and a mincemeat pie, to go with the bird. So everyone who reads this blog is invited to drop by on Thanksgiving day and gnaw some turkey bones.

*************************************************************
Just to add a bit more beauty, this is an interior shot of Wells Cathedral in southwest England. We couldn't take pictures inside it when we were there; I found this online. Wells is a rather small cathedral, but a perfect jewel, the prettiest structure (at least inside) that we saw in England.

(But not quite as pretty as Kat's cat.)

*********************************************************

Finally but foremost, these represent some of my prayers for Vann and Susan:

No comments: