Sunday, March 14, 2010

3-Book Sale!

A nice lady ordered three books from me today. Unfortunately for me, I'll only clear about $15. But it'll be 3 fewer books to take up space.

Today I watched the movie "Mr. Brooks" on TV. See there--K. Costner can play a very un-nice guy. I loved William Hurt as his ego. If they would just do something about Demi Moore's hair, she would be a lot better-looking. A wig or something. Whoopie Goldberg has better hair. But I guess it's too late now, DM's getting too old to change, like the rest of us.

Patrick O'Brian's The Mauritius Command was a bit of a disappointment. I'm glad Aubrey wound up as just a post captain at the end. This book rather obnubilates the series (one of Maturin's words; for a Spanish-Irishman, he has an amazing English vocabulary).
***
I forgot--yesterday I signed up for Free Kindle Online. Hard to believe: the hand-held device is so expensive, but you get the same thing online free, if I understand what I read.

9 comments:

JD Atlanta said...

Good news on the books! As for Aubry, I thought M___ was pretty good, but I'm interested in the pitfalls of command, and the difficulty of judging people. And I thought that the "want to be Aubry" captain and his alcoholic doctor were interesting as (intentionally) inferior copies of Aubry and Maturin.

Do you want me to bring the next couple with me when I come to Leeds, or are you ready to take a break?

Have a good week! Jed

Ramey Channell said...

Hooray for free Kindle! I plan to do that myself!

Luvs2quilt said...

Joanne,
Did you ever try Irish Potato Candy on St. Patrick's Day? Simple, cream cheese, 10x sugar, a little vanilla , coconut mix and make into irregularly shaped "potatoes", roll in cinnamon...wahlaaaa....Irish"potatoes" LOL, enjoy...Google for the recipe, I made them last year and they are delish! Jeanne

Luvs2quilt said...

Joanne,
Did you ever try Irish Potato Candy? It is simple, 10x sugar, vanilla cream cheese, and coconut...roll into irregularly shaped balls and roll in cinnamon, waaahhhhlllaaa. Irish Potatoes, ymmy... Jeanne

Luvs2quilt said...

OhBoy, You can see I;m not a computer geek, I published the same post twice!!! Joanne, I am not young!!

Joanne Cage said...

Very few people are young these days! I'm so old my wrinkles have wrinkles.

Luvs2quilt said...

You are so funny! You know there is much wisdom with "age"...

Luvs2quilt said...

You are soo funny, you know with age comes wisdom!

Joanne Cage said...

Where? Where? I guess I'm younger than I thought!