Saturday, March 13, 2010

More signs of spring

Last summer Steve soaked the area at the end of the flower bed with weed poison, and said it would also kill any flowers that were planted there. So I was pleasantly surprised yesterday to see little crocuses in several spots pushing through the dead grass and leaves. I planted them several years ago. The bulbs must have sunk too far down for the poison to hit them. It did get the poison ivy and nettles, thank goodness.

The old tulips have put up healthy-looking plants in that flower bed. They did the same thing last year, but they didn't bloom.

Yesterday I also called Dr. Gruman's office and made an appointment for my annual checkup. It's for the afternoon of April 7th. I'm making a list of things to complain about, prescriptions to change, and so forth.

2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I have to make an appointment for my annual checkup too. Been putting it off and I'm a couple of months late.

Luvs2quilt said...

Hi Joanne,
How is it in Alabama today? It is wonderful in PA...almost 70 degrees...Spring has come!