Monday, March 29, 2010

Gotta Get Busy!

Well, I slept late, because I spent hours last night trying to go to sleep. Last time I looked at the clock, it was 3:30 a.m. That seldom happens to me; I usually go to sleep any time I get prone or close my eyes sitting straight up. I think the dawn was coming up like thunder when I finally passed out.

I've got more than my fair share of things to do today, not counting getting on with cleaning and straightening up the house. The Exchange Club truck will come by in a few days; last time they called me, I asked what they need besides clothing, and the lady said they take furniture and any household items. So that means two chairs and a bunch of other stuff don't have to live in the basement.

I've sold an afghan (on eBay) that I made a long time ago. It's a pretty thing and contains about 50 different crochet patterns, but it's 'way too big and has always just taken up a lot of space. It measures about 72" x 60". Looking at it makes me want to crochet something. But if I do any sewing, I have two quilts to finish and some summer pajamas to finish making.

Yesterday evening I made soup, all that my biggest pot would hold. I ate one bowlful and froze six servings, and that was all of it. Everyone, including me, needs a great big soup pot. But all the real soup pots I remember seeing look like they're made of aluminum. I don't use aluminum cookware. When I worked at the Alzheimer's Disease Center, I followed a study that seemed to show that aluminum contributes to causing AD. Dr. H., who was director of the Center, wouldn't touch aluminum, let alone eat out of it.

Steve is outside cutting the grass. The weeds, rather. But the grass is coming along, too.

No comments: