Thursday, March 11, 2010

Speed reading go blah!

I've got to quit reading so fast, and so much. Sometimes I have gone for months without reading a book. But I just finished H.M.S. Surprise this morning, and now I'm nearly halfway through At Play in the Fields of the Lord. There are things more important than pursuing "the ghosts in books," so said Walt Whitman. Things like brushing down the cobwebs around the deck door, scrubbing the basement stairs, getting rid of a lot more junk. Making several important phone calls, like one to get an appointment with my honorable physician, because my foot hurts; the only shoes I can walk normally in are my cowboy boot/mules.
*
*
The book club plans to meet tomorrow at the library, not to discuss a book but to eat, drink and watch a movie about Irishmen, because St. Patrick's day is next week. I think I'll take some soft drinks and some of those little croissants with chicken salad inside. Or chicken liver pate, if I get ambitious enough this evening to cook.

2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Yum. That sounds good.

JD Atlanta said...

Remember to ask about changing your prescription when you talk to your doctor. And enjoy the Irish movie!