Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Stretching the Deadline


I'm almost ready to take a shower in my newly cleaned-up bathroom. And I really need one. I am almost totally wo' out! I've been bathing in the tub--the shower head in the front bath is so close to the ceiling, it rains on the top of my head, no matter how I adjust it. And with my sore foot, it's harder than you'd think, getting out of that little narrow tub.

Anyhow, I've got to get out this afternoon and hunt up packing materials, a great big box in which to ship that little chair, and something to mail a large hard-back book in.

Since it took three days to clean the bathroom ceiling-to-floor, it looks like spring cleaning may last until about the first of May. I'm just not as swift as I used to be, for some reason(s).

I've about decided to take all the stuff that won't fit into a closet or a bookshelf down to the basement, and as soon as the project is done, to have a yard sale, and put everything that's left-over on the curb for trash pickup. I've counted eight pillows--I mean bed pillows. Since there are only two beds, I think I can live without such excess. And space is precious, less than 2,000 square feet, and only three inadequate closets.


Isn't that ridiculous? I'm only one relatively small person. I ought to be able to live and do well in a tent. Sometimes I wish I had a tent, and a spot of land over by the Grind-Rock Spring...

4 comments:

Luvs2quilt said...

Hey Jo!!
Books arrived safely in South Central PA today!! Very nice, and they were certainly very securely packaged...thanksagain, I think I will really enjoy the reads...

Joanne Cage said...

Thanks, Jeanne-Marie! I hope you'll enjoy the books as much as I did.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Beautimous!

JD Atlanta said...

Hey! Forget the yard sale - just get rid of it all! It'll be faster and get you to done sooner.