Monday, February 1, 2010

Change of plan

Well, I made "Dis-appearing Nine-Patch" blocks for the horse quilt, then on eBay I found three separate listings of some old Laurel Burch fabric that I wanted for this quilt in the first place. I bought all three, for a total of about two yards. So I'm going to hold the horses until the orders arrive, and decide which settings I want to use. The 9-patch blocks will make a pretty table runner or something.





(Thanks to Susan for posting the link for the "Disappearing 9-Patch" directions.)



The fabric at lower right in the picture (above right) is the one I like for the horse quilt. It also suggests a good quilting pattern for the setting blocks. I bought another two-yard piece from Sharon in Nevada, in addition to this grab-bag of big scraps.

The tablecloth shown on the dining room table was given to me long ago by Flora Cage, my late mother-in-law. She had owned and used it for many years, probably since the 1940s. It had a tiny cranberry-colored fruit stain, which used to be very obvious but which has faded to pale pink. This is one of my favorite fabric items; it seems to be a knit fabric, but on the table it looks like old lace. I've machine-washed it many times, with no apparent damage.

No comments: