Saturday, February 6, 2010

Showers, and Blessings












As everyone knows by now, there are days when I cannot get out of the house. But I'm glad I bundled up today and went to the mailbox.

Sharon sent me all these lovely fabric remnants, scraps and swatches. I guess I'll just have to use the large piece as sashing, to strip the horse blocks together. Or maybe I can find some more of the fabric online.
*

Yesterday I found this little ladybug on the coffee table, dead as a doornail. They come into the house; if you put them out, they die of exposure. If you leave them in, they die of starvation. But I still think it's a blessing when you see one, alive or otherwise.

2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

When you have that quilt finished, you have to go to quilt guild meeting with me and show it. Might even want to enter it in our next quilt show in 2011. That thing is going to be fantastic.

Ramey Channell said...

That's a lovely ladybug. I've often kept them a while, wondering what to do with the little dead things. Eventually, they get swept away.

Trois