Sunday, February 28, 2010

Lovely sunny days!


What a wonderful weekend! Well, beginning about noon Saturday, it was wonderful. That was after I had risen early and run old Abe all over the place and worn myself slap to a frazzle. But I rested up, and Jed came over from Atlanta, we ate dinner at Ruby Tuesday, and had a good visit. Then today we went to McAlister's for lunch, where I got reacquainted with their tortilla soup and other tasty fare. I'm telling you, that's the best soup I've ever put in my whole mouth.

Jed also brought me a frozen sample of his chicken-vegetable soup, which I ate for my supper after he had returned to Atlanta, and which was bowl-scraping delicious. Another thing that has put me in a good mood is the book he brought me to read--to re-read, actually, though I had forgot that I read it several years ago. It's the second in the Jack Aubrey series of sea stories, which is just about my favorite kind of story, especially with Patrick O'Brian's writing style. And knowing that there are a whole bunch more in the series, which I KNOW I haven't read before, gives me a whole lot of good reading to anticipate.

Every time Jed comes over, he gives me really valuable, essential, help around the house and the computer, in addition to his good company and inspiration to get out of the house one more time. This time, one thing he accomplished was a tutorial on how to use (successfully) the new scanner he gave me for Christmas or my birthday. So above is the mule picture I tried to scan and post last Wednesday (from the New Yorker article).

7 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

That's a good boy you got there.

Kai said...

Thanks, Susan! I was just about to ASK who Jed is! LOL! He IS a good boy! And your soups BOTH sound yummy! Glad you had a happy day! And NOW I remember who I think you LOOK like! Jane Wyman! Same pretty cheeks! Similar smile! It was bugging me 'cause I couldn't figure out who you remind me of!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Something weird here. How come Kai is answering the comment I made on Joanne's blog? Somebody's wires are crossed.

Joanne Cage said...

Which of us looks like Jane Wyman? I'm either flattered or discombobulated.

Ramey Channell said...

Well, I've been trying to communicate with Kai for about 6 months, now, presto, here she is on Sourwood Mountain! And yes, Joanne, you do look like Jane Wyman.

Joanne Cage said...

I tried for a long time before I was recently successful in leaving a comment on her blog.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Yeah, I think it's Joanne who looks like the former Mrs. Reagan. Not me.
So Kai was actually commenting here, huh, and no crossed wires after all. I think I see now: she was thanking me for telling who Jed is. Ok.
Just keep it up, Ramey. That Comanche stays as busy as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs, and she also has frequent computer problems. But she's a treasure and well worth the continued attempts to communicate.