Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I love Thom Filicia!

He's the best of the TV-show interior designers, according to me, and one of my favorite TV personalities. Eight or ten years ago, there was this male fashion show called "Queer Eye For the Straight Guy," that started out super-cool but got too--ah--characteristic, and I quit watching it. Thom, although an interior designer, was one of the guys. Now he's the designer on "Dress My Nest." His rooms are always really delightful; I've never seen an exception. I've never seen one of his rooms done in orange and brown and shiny leather, which I can't stand. But he could probably make a success of that combination, too, if he put his mind to it.

Thom has just about the nicest, most lovable personality of anyone on any of the design shows, Niecy Nash included. I guess you could call Niecy nice, but lovable? My second choice for favorite designer is Kim Myles (Myles of Style).

*

I had the nine-patch blocks laid out on the living room carpet, which is my favorite "design board," notwithstanding the three dining-size tables in my house. And last night Mo threw up on a couple of the blocks. Woe was I! But I couldn't speak sharply to Mo, as I knew all along that that's one of his favorite activities. Well, they've been washed again (for the third time) and hung up to dry.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I hope Mo wasn't making a statement about the blocks.