Friday, February 12, 2010

Toby


The FCDF dog whose picture I posted yesterday is Toby, another enormous canine who's too big for me to own without a fenced yard. Purebred animals, especially the larger ones, have a wonderful look about them that I can only describe as refined. But the mixed breeds are always prettier and friendlier looking, in my opinion. The person who listed Toby said jokingly that he's "small," 65 pounds, and wants to be a lap dog. I would treat him like a king, but Mo would either make his life miserable, or leave home.

Actually, I don't know how Mo would react. He wouldn't leave, I'm sure, because he has never been farther from this house than the strip of woods between here and the next house behind us.

It is indeed snowing, or was a few minutes ago.

*


Later: About 3 p.m., I saw the young teen who lives across the street garbage-can-lidding down the slope, and added the photo above.

1 comment:

JD Atlanta said...

I like your picture! I went out after dark, and the snow was thick on the ground and unreal looking. I felt like I was standing on a movie set. It was beautiful, but a bit weird!