Friday, July 20, 2007

Blue Day

Not so good today. I went to the pharmacy this morning for refills on 2 prescriptions, and had to pay the full amount of the drug costs. The pharmacist said I'm in my "gap," and that I have to pay more than 3 thousand dollars, plus my deductible (which I've already paid) before Viva/Medicare kicks in again. These 2 Rx's cost more than I had left after paying my bills, so I only got a partial refill on the most expensive one. I called Viva/Medicare to verify this, and after putting me on hold for 20 minutes or so, the Viva lady reiterated what the pharmacist said, so there's no mistake. I asked when this went into effect, and she said ummmm in 2006, which couldn't be right. Well, I guess it could, since one of the meds I'm taking was added in September of 2006, so probably I was covered under the new deal for the remaining months of 2006. It's OK for now, because I can taper down on the meds I'm taking now (I'm calling the dr.'s office about this). But what if I took the epizeutics or something and had to go on really serious treatments?

My dad always said, "It's always something, my little Rose Ann Rose Anna Danna."

I hear Mr. Cheney is our president now. Maybe he'll fix everything, God bless his little fat head.

This is no fit subject for my beautiful blog. Let's have a pretty picture to liven things up.

3 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I wish I had a picture of me at Stonehenge.

Joanne Cage said...

Not with your face screwed up from smelling something horrible (thank goodness you can't see my face too well in the picture). Jenny said, "What's the matter, Mother?"
"Don't you smell that terrible odor?" I said. She said, "If there was anything to smell, the wind's blowing so strong you couldn't possibly smell it."
I decided it was a psychic scent.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Probably the ghosts of dead Druids.