Monday, July 23, 2007

What am I doing here?

Haven't sold a book in a week! Buy my books! No cholesterol! No saturated or unsaturated fat! Ab-so-lutely no calories!

I was "tagged" on Blackberry Creek:Summer (Susan's blog) to answer a bunch of questions:

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Sara after my grandmother Sarah Satterfield, Joanne because my mother read it in a novel. Dr. Bobo wrote on my birth certificate: SARAH JOE ANN, and Mama marked it out and wrote Sara Joanne before it was registered.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes, except when I’m trying to be very neat and careful. Then I mess it up.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? 2 sons living, one daughter deceased.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Nope.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Corn Chex with skim milk. No sugar.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? I untie them BEFORE I take them off, if they're tied.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? I guess I’m strong in my arms, because I rearrange the living room furniture every month or so. As for inner strength, I’m still here and relatively sane as opposed to insane.
15. RED OR PINK? I love to wear red, it makes me feel good. But I like to look at pink.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My loved ones who have gone on to the next place.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Orange. But if I were oil paint, I'd be alizarin crimson.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS? Roses, tobacco, coffee, Chanel No. 5, lemons, new houses, new books, pine trees, rain.
27. HAIR COLOR? Can I say I don’t know? Nobody has ever been able to tell me. The parts that used to be a sort of gray-brown are now gray. The parts that used to be dark blond are now kind of yellow. The parts that used to be light blond are now white.
28. EYE COLOUR? Blue.
30. FAVORITE FOOD? Potatoes (my own potato salad).
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Scary movies.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Iceman (video).
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter.
35. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs. When I try to kiss cheeks with somebody, my glasses always poke them in the eye.
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Fire on the Waters by David Poyer.
42. FAVORITE SOUND? Rain.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles.
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Approx. 6,500 miles as the crow flies. (I had to get the atlas.)
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? My grandmother used to “read the cards,” and I picked up some of it from her. I thought it was just a lot of baloney, until one night at a party I told a couple I met that they would soon be crossing a large body of water. They laughed and said sure, they’d cross the Tennessee River going home that night. And then I asked them if they had a handicapped child and how was she doing, and they both nearly fainted. I haven’t done it since. I do occasionally have flashes of what seems like E.P. Like one year in the early ‘90s, when Alabama had won every football game they’d played and was going to play Miami for the national championship. I said, “Why, Alabama will cream Miami!” They laughed at me, until Alabama creamed Miami.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Birmingham, Alabama, in a former mining community called Hammond’s Camp.
47. WHAT SUPERPOWER WOULD YOU LIKE? I’ve dreamed of flying, but I don’t think that would be very useful. I certainly don’t want to read anybody’s mind or see through solid objects. I’d like to have my normal power of hearing back.


I'd also like to have a grandchild. Susan and Ramey both have a gorgeous, smart grandson. I have given Reed's Ma notice that the next child born in the family is going to be MY grandbaby, or my honorary grandbaby if it's not Jack's or Jed's offspring. Till then, I'll have to be content with being Jesse and Reed's Aun-tee, which is very much OK.

3 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Loved reading your answers. Good luck on that grandchild thing. I'll say a prayer or two or three. Oh be sure to check out my blog for the Dog Days giveaway. A book. If you don't want it, you might sell it.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Maybe you should like your blog to your book sale site. Put a link in your sidebar. Just a thought.

Joanne Cage said...

Good idea to put amazon link on blog. Thanks!